In this article, we want to help homeowners plan to keep their home's exteriors clean regularly so that your neighbors and visitors can appreciate all of the hard work you put into it. Routine pressure washing may not be as expensive as you think.
How Much Does it Cost to Pressure Wash Your Home?
Determining Your Needs
Even if you can tell your home’s exterior needs cleaning, it may not be as simple as power washing. A common mistake made by homeowners is to go out and buy or rent a power washer to spray off their homes. For one, powering washing requires a great amount of physical exertion. Secondly, power washing may result in damage to your siding or deck, while still not doing the job completely. You may need to implement a soft washing method that utilizes environmentally friendly chemicals to kill the algae and mildew.
Buying Your Own Equipment
Without expert eyes on your home’s exterior, determining what to purchase will be challenging. You can find a gas-powered power washing machine for $200-$1,00, but the more efficient professional models may set you back $6,000 or more. If you need power washing and soft washing equipment to best care for your home’s exterior, the upfront cost will be extensive, and you will need to consider ongoing maintenance.
Renting Your Own
Renting does not have the same level of risk as purchasing your own equipment and you will not need to worry about maintenance; however, there are still some key factors to consider.
- You will be charged by the day, so you will want to make sure you can complete your project in 24-hours.
- You may need multiple pieces of equipment to complete the task.
- If it has been a while since the last power washing, the job may be more difficult than you anticipate.
- If you miss something, will you want to have to go through the process again?
Hire A Professional
Hiring a professional pressure washing company is likely the best solution for ensuring that your home’s exterior is cleaned and well-maintained.
- A professional will likely charge by square-footage and project type.
- A professional will need to maximize their efficiency.
- A professional will have all the equipment and expertise necessary.
- A professional will be able to give you advice on how to maintain clean surfaces.
- A professional will want their work to speak for itself throughout your neighborhood and community.
- A professional will keep you from having to sink a day or week into a project they can complete in a few hours.
- A professional will be able to identify potential trouble areas in the future.
The Cost of Not Cleaning Your Home's Exterior
Over time your siding, windows, decks, porches, and outdoor surfaces will form layers of dirt, mildew, mold, and algae. These things make your house look old and dingy, but they can also break down those surfaces quickly. If you have to replace your home's siding or deck boards prematurely, you could be looking at incurring substantial, avoidable costs. When you are ready to put your home on the market, you do not want to have to spend an excessive amount of money-making exterior repairs just to list your home. Furthermore, you do not want to risk its curb-appeal by allowing your house to be the one in the neighborhood that looks dirty.
The cost of not routinely having your home pressure washed and soft washed may be more expensive ultimately than calling the team at HydroClean. We have the experience and expertise to give you the best price for the best performance. Contact us if you are ready to get an estimate and start making your home's exterior beautiful again.